What Information do we collect?
When registering our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name and email address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Non-Identifiable or Aggregated Data: When you interact with Lexibook through the Service, we receive and store certain personally non-identifiable information (for example, geo-location and device ID). Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot presently be used to specifically identify you. Lexibook may store such information itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by Lexibook affiliates, agents or service providers. The Service may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers, and how our users use and interact with the Service.
Why do we collect Personal Data from you?
We collect Personal Data from you for the following purposes:
- To answer any of your questions, or to otherwise contact you when necessary;
- To allow you to participate in contests and other promotions;
- To help us learn more about our site visitors and customers and to improve their surfing experience and our business;
- To address problems with the Site, our business or our products and services and to protect the security of the Site and our business;
- Otherwise, as disclosed to you at the point of information collection.
Disclosure of Information
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, as long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or other rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be used for marketing and advertising uses.
We may disclose your personal information as follow:
- To use your data for payment processing and authorization, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, website evaluation and data analysis, and also for marketing and promotional material distribution for the Lexibook company.
- To our website hosting partners, and other parties who assist us in operating our website or conducting Lexibook business, as long as those outside parties agree to keep the information confidential.
- To comply with law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Lexibook or its partners, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
- Otherwise, with your consent.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
How do we protect information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you access your account.
However, no Internet, email or other electronic transmission is ever fully secure or error free, so you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us in this way.
You can access the Site without providing any Personal Data. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you may not be able to use certain features of the Service.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We may amend this Privacy Statement at any time. If we make any material changes in the way we collect and use your personal information, we will notify you by sending you an e-mail at the last e-mail address you provided us, and/or by prominently posting notice of the changes on the website covered by this Privacy Statement. Any material changes to this Privacy Statement will be effective upon the earlier of thirty (30) calendar days following our transmittal of an e-mail notice to you or thirty (30) calendar days following our posting of the notice of changes on the Website covered by the Privacy Statement.
Please note that, at all times, you are responsible for updating your personal information to provide us your current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any other reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our transmittal of the e-mail containing such notice will nevertheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice.
In any event, changes to this Privacy Statement may affect our use of personal information that you provided us prior to our notification to you of the changes. If you do not accept these changes in our use of your information, you must notify us prior to the effective date of your wish to opt-out.
Option to Opt-out
At all times, you have the option of “opting out” of receiving future e-mail marketing updates by sending us an e-mail with “unsubscribe” in the subject line: contact form here. Even if you opt out, you may continue to receive non-marketing e-mail messages from us.
Other Terms and Conditions
Access to Information / Contacting Lexibook:
To keep your Personal Data accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Data in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Service.
You may contact us as follows:
- By Email: Please write to our Customer Service Department using our contact form
- By Mail: Please write us to the following address:
Marketing Internet Department
2 avenue de Scandinavie
91953 Courtaboeuf Cedex